FRONT DESK AGENT
The Hotel Front Desk Agent will perform all services necessary for hotel registration including greeting guests, assigning rooms, checkouts and receipt of payment.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Greet each guest in an upbeat and positive manner utilizing Total Service skills.
- Register each guest, verifying all guests' information in the computer; collecting identification and payment for guest rooms.
- Answer and transfer calls coming in to the Front Desk.
- Assist guests with booking their room reservations, concerts, and special events.
- Provide property information and assistance to our guests.
- Assist Guests with current Boomtown property info/special events/promotions and amenities.
- Data entry and filing.
- Work with other departments using a 2-way radio.
- Create key cards in separate computer system for guest room entry to ensure safety of guests.
- Prepare rooming slips with luggage claim check, key card and guests cards (if appropriate) for delivery to guest room.
- Post charges and adjustments to guests' accounts.
- Receive payment from guests.
- Perform clerical duties for players club.
- Redeem complimentary points utilizing OASIS Super-Playmate system.
- Explain benefits of the players club to potential members.
- Perform other duties as requested by Management
WORKING CONDITIONS/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Must have the ability to stand for periods of up to 4 hours at a time.
- Must have the ability to handle high levels of stress that often accompany working with the public.
- Greet guests immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome; use a positive, clear speaking voice, listen to and understand requests, respond with appropriate action and provide accurate information.
- Complete the registration process by accurately verifying, inputting, and retrieving information with routine difficulty from a computer system, confirming pertinent information including number of guests and room rate; make appropriate selection of rooms based on guest needs; code electronic keys; non-verbally confirm the room number and rate; provide welcome folders containing room keys, certificates, and coupons as appropriate.
- Verify and imprint credit cards for authorization using electronic acceptance methods; handle cash, make change, and balance an assigned house bank; accept and record vouchers and other forms of payment; perform accurate, moderately complex arithmetic functions using a calculator; post charges to guest rooms and house accounts using the computer; secure and maintain a House Bank.
- Promptly answer the telephone using positive and clear English communication.
- Should have the desire to work in a fast-paced high call volume environment while meeting established guidelines and have the ability to adapt to an always changing environment
We are an EOE, Drug free employer! Full-time position available on Swing shift, possible shifts 2p-10p, 3p-11p and Day shift, possible shift 8a-4p. Weekend availability is a must, days off will be mid week.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must be 21 or older.
- Fluent and literate in English.
- Must have the ability to speak clearly to be understood by guests.
- Manual dexterity to operate computer, 10 key and write while taking messages.
- Must have mathematical abilities as in adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing.
- Auditory range for immediate area.
- Ability to uphold and demonstrate the highest level of integrity in all situations and recognize standards required by a regulated business.
- High school degree or equivalent.
- Computer experience necessary.
We offer a very competitive benefit package including health, dental, vision, life, STD, supplemental insurances, PTO, food, gas, and property outlet discounts, discounts at Cabela's, free concert tickets, and lots of free fun activities for team members and their families, just to name a few.
Job Type: Full-time